Classic Wok with Steamer + Lid
Our 28cm wok with helper handle and steaming insert is a model of versatility. Constructed of Falk patented bimetal, you can be assured of copper’s thermal responsiveness, giving you greater control over temperatures, and therefore, culinary results. Steam vegetables with the stainless steel insert, braise meat, poach fish, deep–fry foods, and of course, stir-fry an Asian inspired recipe. Traditional curved sides combine with a modern flat bottom for stability to provide the best utensil possible.
- Traditional curved profile combined with modern flat bottom
- Useful steaming insert
- Multiple use vessel steams, stir-fries, deep-fries, poaches, and braises
- Ergonomic cast iron handles
Capacity: 4.50 litres
Vessel height: 10.3cm
Width with handles: 50.8cm
Weight: 3.140 kgs
Falk Bimetal: 2.3mm copper with 0.2mm 18/8 stainless steel
Handles: Cast iron
Handcrafted in Belgium
- Ideal for both electric and gas hobs.
- Oven safe to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
- Because of its superior conductivity, copper cookware rarely requires full heat on a hob, typically no more than 50-75% of full power. Use a lower flame when cooking with gas.
- We recommend seasoning pan interiors with a vegetable oil occasionally prior to frying and sautéing, and always use a small amount of oil when pre-heating.
- Always allow pots and pans to cool before cleaning.
- Do not put copper cookware in a mechanical dishwasher.
- We do not recommend the use of products containing bleach for cleaning copper cookware.
- Hand washing in warm soapy water is normally all that is required. Always dry immediately after washing with a soft cloth.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect cooking performance.
- To keep copper pans looking like new, use a polish suitable for copper and a fine abrasive pad.
- Apply a light coat of vegetable oil to cast iron handles from time to time to prevent rusting.
- For further information please see this article on maintaining and cleaning copper cookware.