Classic Saucepan with Lid [18cm]
We can contact you when this item is available:
Our 18cm saucepan has sufficient volume for up to five servings and the high straight sides provide moisture retention. This deep vessel is ideally constructed for recipes which require simmering and boiling as the depth and straight sides reduce evaporation.
Possessing high thermal conductivity, copper’s signature characteristic, you’ll attain greater control over temperature regulation, which of course, means more consistent results. Our brushed finishes, exclusive to Falk, are easy to maintain, while our ergonomic cast iron handle gives this Classical range saucepan its rustic durability.
Capacity: 2.00 litres
Vessel height: 8.7cm
Length with handle: 35cm
Weight: 1.900 kgs
Falk Bimetal: 2.3mm copper with 0.2mm 18/8 stainless steel
Handle: Cast iron
- Ideal for both electric and gas hobs.
- Oven safe to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
- Because of its superior conductivity, copper cookware rarely requires full heat on a hob, typically no more than 50-75% of full power. Use a lower flame when cooking with gas.
- Avoid pre-heating an empty saucepan and never allow this to boil dry.
- When seasoning your food remember to heat the water to boiling point first, especially before adding salt. This disperses the salt quickly and prevents pitting of the stainless steel lining.
- Always allow pots and pans to cool before cleaning.
- Do not put copper cookware in a mechanical dishwasher.
- We do not recommend the use of products containing bleach for cleaning copper cookware.
- Hand washing in warm soapy water is normally all that is required. Always dry immediately after washing with a soft cloth.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect cooking performance.
- To keep copper pans looking like new, use a polish suitable for copper and a fine abrasive pad.
- Apply a light coat of vegetable oil to cast iron handles from time to time to prevent rusting.
- For further information please see this article on maintaining and cleaning copper cookware.