Classic Saucepan with Lid [20cm]
The 20cm Classical Range saucepan possesses the high straight sides necessary for moisture retention. Designed for top performance when making recipes which require simmering and boiling, this deep pot can easily accommodate up to seven generous portions.
The reason many foodies love copper cookware is because of the even heat distribution, which in so many ways is a "green" product, allowing you to lower the temperature and often reduce the overall cooking time due to the thermogenic nature of copper. The added benefit of the permanently bonded hygienic stainless steel lining is just another reason to feel assured that you're cooking with the best. Falk's distinctive brushed surfaces glow with a beauty and simplicity that is uniquely attractive. The Classical range cast iron handle adds a rustic bit of bon vivant flair to what is already a superb piece of kitchen wizardry.
Capacity: 2.70 litres
Vessel height: 10.2cm
Length with handle: 37.7cm
Weight: 2.440 kgs
Falk Bimetal: 2.3mm copper with 0.2mm 18/8 stainless steel
Handle: Cast iron
- Ideal for both electric and gas hobs.
- Oven safe to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
- Because of its superior conductivity, copper cookware rarely requires full heat on a hob, typically no more than 50-75% of full power. Use a lower flame when cooking with gas.
- Avoid pre-heating an empty saucepan and never allow this to boil dry.
- When seasoning your food remember to heat the water to boiling point first, especially before adding salt. This disperses the salt quickly and prevents pitting of the stainless steel lining.
- Always allow pots and pans to cool before cleaning.
- Do not put copper cookware in a mechanical dishwasher.
- We do not recommend the use of products containing bleach for cleaning copper cookware.
- Hand washing in warm soapy water is normally all that is required. Always dry immediately after washing with a soft cloth.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect cooking performance.
- To keep copper pans looking like new, use a polish suitable for copper and a fine abrasive pad.
- Apply a light coat of vegetable oil to cast iron handles from time to time to prevent rusting.
- For further information please see this article on maintaining and cleaning copper cookware.