This plant based version of Chinese lettuce wraps is perfect when you are looking for food that has loads of flavour but is not too heavy, or you want some easy (messy) food to share.
The combination of fresh mint, coriander & basil makes this dish, so don’t hold back on these! Add a splash of lime at the end and you’re ready to go …. I’m thinking impromptu drinks with friends on a hot summers night…
Serves 2 - 4
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
We use all organic ingredients
- 2 tsp sesame or olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 thumbnail knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 corn cob, kernels sliced off cob
- 2 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 10-12 button or brown mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup activated pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup torn basil
- 8-10 crisp, whole cos lettuce leaves or witlof, washed & patted dry
- Lime wedges to serve
- Heat oil in large frypan or wok and add garlic, ginger & chilli.
- Stir for 2 minutes on low to moderate heat
- Add carrot, celery, corn, asparagus, onion, snow peas and mushrooms, and stir over moderate heat for 5 minutes
- Add tamari & mirin sauces and stir through for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Toss pecans through mix and remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and top with mint, coriander & basil & a squeeze of fresh lime.
Eat with fingers and chopsticks and a serviette handy!