With a beautiful Italian mother-in-law who is a wonderful cook, it is no surprise that we love playing around with traditional Italian recipes, and incorporating more nutrition into them where possible.
We love this version of Tiramisu which is rich in healthy fats, flavour & texture, with the delicious lingering after-taste of cold drip coffee!
Vegan, gluten free, raw.
We use organic ingredients and activated nuts.
You will need 2 parchment lined loaf tins.
- 1 cup/150g/~8 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cold drip coffee. (We make ours in the Mizu Tower)
- ½ tsp high quality salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp cold drip coffee (regular or decaf)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 cups raw cashews, covered in water & soaked for at least 3 hours
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ -1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until you get a fine crumbly mixture.
- Press into lined loaf pan and place in freezer
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until you get a fine, crumbly mixture.
- Press mixture firmly into second lined loaf pan and place in freezer.
- Blend all ingredients in food processor using enough water to make a smooth, creamy mixure.
- Pour half the cream over the walnut base and smooth until covered.
- Lift the biscuit layer out of its pan and lay over the cream layer. Cover this with the remaining cream.
- Dust with cacao & cinnamon, cover and place in freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before ready to eat. Serve with fresh berries and mint.