Our beautiful passionfruit vines have gone a little crazy over the recent wet, summer months and are dropping enormous ripe passionfruit. I'm going to be getting creative with passionfruit recipes over the next few weeks to make sure none are wasted! Fresh passionfruit provide a host of antioxidants including vitamin C, and are a source of dietary fibre. Research has shown they may offer a wide range of health effects and biological activities including lowering blood pressure, reducing the risk of tumours & diabetes and lowering blood lipid levels.Don’t forget to soak your cashews the day before you’re ready to create your masterpiece.
Gluten Free, Vegan,
We use all organic or biodynamic ingredients
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 10 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup activated almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup activated pecans
- pinch of good quality salt
- Pulp from 1 large or 2 small passionfruit
- ½ tsp pure vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey or coconut nectar
- Passionfruit pulp, flowers and ¾ cup toasted coconut flakes to serve
- Lightly grease small (20cm) round springform cake tin with coconut oil or line 20cm cake tin with parchment paper
- Put dates, almonds, pecans, coconut & salt in food processor and blend together until sticky, crumbly mixture
- Press this firmly into the base of the cake tin, cover and place in freezer
- Drain cashews, and place in food processor with passionfruit, coconut milk, vanilla, & honey
- Blend until mixture is thick and creamy
- Remove base from freezer and pour creamy cashew mixture on top
- Cover and put back in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Top cheesecake with passionfruit pulp, and place toasted coconut around the edge of the top.
- Add some passionfruit flowers or other edible flowers.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt if desired.
Served on the Wabi Dinner Plate