If there’s anything I love more than a dish that has lots of different flavours and colours, it’s one that has an interesting contrast of textures – from creamy to crunchy and anything in between.
This little creation is full of flavour, colour & texture and started as a summer post surf snack, but has also been known to be eaten for dessert – both before and after dinner!
It is loaded with vitamin C, dietary fibre and antioxidants from the fresh fruit as well as protein, dietary fibre and minerals like copper, zinc & manganese from the nuts, seeds & buckwheat in the topping. A great combination of goodies to keep all the cells in your body buzzing away happily.
Gluten Free, Vegan
We use all organic ingredients and activated buckwheat, nuts & seeds
- ½ cup activated buckwheat kernels
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- ½ cup dried mulberries
- ½ tsp Pink Lake sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups coconut yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 small ripe papaya, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 dragonfruit or mango or 4 nectarines/peaches or other tropical or stone fruit as desired
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Heat heavy based frypan on medium heat or preheat oven to 180oC
- In medium mixing bowl, add buckwheat, coconut, pecans, pepitas, mulberries & salt and mix together.
- Add maple syrup & vanilla and mix until combined into dry ingredients
- Toast this mixture in pan or on parchment lined tray in oven, until lightly golden – 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread on parchment paper and allow to cool.
- Mix lime juice through coconut yoghurt and set aside.
- Finely chop half the mint leaves and mix through the papaya
- In a long glass or small bowl, layer the fruit, coconut yoghurt and maple crumble as desired, finishing with crumble and extra mint leaves.
Serve chilled on a hot summer’s day!