We have been loving cold drip coffee from our Mizu tower in these warmer months so there is usually a fresh brew ready in the fridge most days. With the festive season approaching I thought it might be fun to create a rum ball inspired recipe, with a coffee flavour instead of rum.
Using activated almonds, shredded coconut, medicinal mushrooms and organic coffee (we use a high quality decaf most of the time) these balls provide a boost of fibre & a host of phyto nutrients with a delicious fudgy taste.
Gluten Free, vegan
We use all organic ingredients
Makes ~ 20 small balls
- 8 fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup activated almonds
- ½ cup creamed coconut/coconut butter
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Mason’s Mushrooms (optional but great immunity boost)
- 1 -2 tbsp cold drip coffee (decaf if preferred)
- 1 ½ tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp pink lake salt
- Additional shredded coconut & cacao to serve
- Blend ball ingredients together in strong food processor until thoroughly combined
- With wet hands roll into small balls
- Roll half the balls in shredded coconut and the other half in cacao powder.
- Place on tray lined with parchment paper, in freezer for 1 hour
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Best shared with friends or family with an iced medicinal brew.