In our quest to reduce the amount of packaged food we consume, and because I have always been a huge fan of crunchy muesli or granola, over the years I have come up with various recipes for homemade muesli & granola. Ingredients can be bought in bulk and you can make it fresh when you want it. This is the current favourite, and has been created to reduce our lectin intake (activated nuts, few seeds) and moderate carbohydrate content. Like most of my recipes, this can easily be adapted by adding other ingredients (great with pistachios & hemp seeds or activated pepitas too) or removing those you don’t like or find hard to get.
This should make 4 -6 generous serves but to be honest, if it’s part of a post surf or run late breakfast, the less serves I seem to get out of it!
Gluten Free, Vegan option,
We use all organic ingredients
Makes ~4-6 serves
- ½ cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- ½ cup activated pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup activated almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup activated buckwheat
- ½ cup dried mulberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add honey & vanilla and mix together thoroughly (use hands if you need to).
- Spread mix out on baking tray
- Bake in oven for around 6-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store in airtight biophotonic glass jar.
Serve over fresh berries, chia/hemp pudding & coconut yoghurt with fresh mint leaves.