In our home, there is always a family member experimenting with their diet, and when we had one of us that can’t eat eggs, some of us enjoying low carb eating and a couple of us playing around with lower lectin eating, this is what we came up with! It may not be exactly the same as your traditional bread however we love this loaf, particularly warm out of the oven with organic olive oil, avocado, goats cheese & dukkah, or just a good spread of organic grass fed butter!
GF, Vegan, Paleo, Low Lectin
Makes 1 loaf – should feed 4 people but generally gets eaten very fast by 1-2 in our house!
We use all organic ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups tapioca flour
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup psyllium
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds & 1 tbsp to sprinkle over top
- 1 tsp pink lake salt
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ - 2 cups sparkling mineral water
- Preheat oven to 180 oC
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper
- Mix flours, flaxseed, psyllium, hemp seeds & salt together in large bowl
- Add bicarb to vinegar in cup and let it bubble
- Mix bicarb blend & coconut oil to flour blend, then slowly add mineral water until you have a light mixture.
- Put in lined loaf pan, sprinkle over remaining hemp seeds, and bake in oven for 45 mins or until golden on top.
- Remove from oven, and lift bread from pan.
- Allow to cool …or better still, enjoy it warm.