There are many benefits to working from home .. not the least being that inspiration for a new ‘treat’ (i.e. hubby with a craving for hazelnuts & chocolate ) can be acted on quickly. These yummy mouthfuls of goodness were easy to make until it got to coating them with raw chocolate … but after a few attempts they came up with a pretty cool wabi sabi look!
Gluten Free, vegan
We use all organic ingredients
Makes 10 -12 balls
- 1 cup activated hazelnuts (skins removed by rubbing vigorously together) – plus additional for serving.
- 1 cup activated almonds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch Himalayan salt
Raw chocolate coating:
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 2 tsp maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
- ¾ cup cacao butter
- Blend ball ingredients together in food processor until fine crumbs
- With wet hands roll into walnut sized balls
- Place on tray lined with parchment paper, in freezer for 1 hour
- Melt chocolate coating ingredients over low heat and whisk until combined.
- Allow to cool and thicken enough to roll balls in (needs to be quite thick) using a spoon.
- Place back in freezer to set for another hour or so, then repeat process with remaining chocolate.
Sprinkle with roughly chopped hazelnuts, and serve with a cold drip medicinal brew or a cup of herbal tea.