These easy, raw tarts are a great summer treat when figs are ripe and juicy, and they always look impressive when you have friends or family over for a meal!
Whilst containing a moderate amount of natural sugars they are also a good source of healthy fats and are nutrient dense providing B vitamins, a range of minerals and phytonutrients.
We always use organic ingredients but are particularly careful with macadamias as they are often grown with high levels of pesticides.
INGREDIENTS | Serves 4
RAW, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN
We use organic ingredients
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds or pecans
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of soft dates, pitted
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup of macadamias
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- coconut nectar to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut butter
- 3 fresh figs quartered to serve
- For the base, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together to a sticky, textured mix.
- Line 4-5 muffin tin holes with biodegradable cling wrap, and press in enough base mix to line bottom and sides. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- To make the filling, place the macadamias & coconut in the food processor and blend until finely ground. Add bananas, lime juice (keep the zest for the top), coconut nectar & butter and blend until smooth & creamy.
- Pour the filling into the tart shells and return to the fridge or freezer to set for around 2-3 hours.
- To serve, remove tarts from trays, and place on serving platter. Place pieces of fig on top of each tart and grate a small amount of lime zest over these. Top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt if desired.