When the fridge is full of fresh produce our go to meal is often a nourish bowl with crispy lettuce, celery, spring onions, lots of avocado, roasted vegetables, sauerkraut topped with some hummus & our roast beetroot dip. This is an alternative hummus I created to add a greater variety of nutrients & flavours to our life! Recently I have been experimenting with indigenous foods and was surprised at how well the roasted wattleseeds compliment the other ingredients in this hummus. Let me know what you think.
Gluten Free, Vegan
We use all organic, biodynamic or wild foraged ingredients
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup activated almonds (or almonds soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin, cold pressed organic olive oil
- ¼- ½ cup filtered water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp pink lake salt
- Additional olive oil, hemp seeds & roasted wattleseeds, ground, to top.
- Add almonds & garlic to food processor and blend until finely chopped
- Add remaining ingredients and process until you have a blend that still has some texture to it.
- Place in bowl and top with hemp seeds, wattleseeds & a drizzle of olive oil
- Serve with raw vegetables, on falafel balls or in a nourish bowl.